Friday 26 July 2013

Definition of Surah Ash-Shams

Asaalam everyone,
Today I am going to write down the definition of Surah Ash-Shams, as this is the month we try to increase the amount of Quran we read. I was reading through this particular Surah yesterday, and I thought it would be great to post the definition so here we go.

"In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent the Merciful.
I swear by the sun and it's brilliance,
And the moon when it follows the sun,
And the Day when it shows it,
And the night when it draws a veil over it,
And the heaven and Him who made it,
And the earth and Him Who extended it,
And the soul and Him who made it perfect,
Then he inspired it to understand it to understand what is right and wrong for it;
He will indeed be successful who purifies it,
And he will indeed fail who corrupts it.
Samood gave the lie (to the truth) in their inordinacy,
When the most unfortunate of them broke forth with
So Allah's apostle said to them (Leave alone) Allah's she camel, and (give) her (to) drink.
But they called him a liar and slaughtered her, and therefore their Lord crushed them for their sin and leveled them (with the ground)
And He fears not it's consequence."

I got the translation from a new app, called iQuran, I got the lite version, but there is a paid version.
I definitely recommend for your tablets! I, myself, do not have it on a tablet, but even if you do not have a tablet, I recommend it for your phone, iPod etc.
It is available in the apple store, and I think it's available on android, I don't know whether it's available on windows devices- but have a check!
Be sure you get the correct one.
The app itself is quite useful, but it's essential for you to have an actual Quran, you see- I'm not sure if it's just me, but after reading through Surah Ash-Shams, I spotted a difference from what I have read before. In Surah Ash-Shams you usually say "Wa-laylee-iza-yagsha" on the 4th Ayah, on but on this app it says "Wa-oo-lay-lee-iza-yagsha".
I'm not exactly sure, but I noticed it and got confused.

Insha-Allah you are having a productive Ramadan. I wanted to add this video just before I leave,
and I am considering adding more of them into my blogs.



Ramadan Mubarak!

No comments:

Post a Comment