Tuesday 9 July 2013

What are you doing during Ramadan?

Asaalamulaykum,
Last week I introduced this new blog and I explained how I have not done something like this before,
so please leave a comment if I've done something wrong, or check first.
From what I've heard, some people have started their fasts today, whilst some are starting to fast tomorrow.
Today I am going to write about certain things that might be useful (to know) before Ramadan starts, or if you've started, at the start of Ramadan.

Firstly, I'm going to write about some do's and dont's of Ramadan. 

Do:
Lower your gaze.
Pray 5 times a day.
Increase the amount of time you spend reading Qur'an and also listening to recitation of the Qur'an, Khutba etc.
Increase the amount of times you ask for forgiveness from Allah (Astaghfar).
Increase Dhikr
Forget about any grudges you're holding.
Give others Iftar:
DID YOU KNOW- when you give food to a fasting person to break their fast you get the reward the other person is getting for their fast to, and their reward is not taken away!
Increase acts of charity.

Don't:
Miss prayer
Looking at people of the opposite gender
Listen to gossip, music etc.
Don't tell lies, gossip, backbite etc.
Avoid abusive language
Avoid violence
Don't waste time- use it on useful things like dhikr.
Don't be vulgar or rude and avoid swearing.
Don't eat doubtful food at Iftar.

Remember it's not exactly great to do these things (don'ts) outside of Ramadan as-well.

Also, I would like to share some Islamic resources that might be useful to you during Ramadan.
I looked around for an app that might be useful to me during Ramadan. I found "Muslim Pro" Which has Azaan reminder, Quraan, 99 names of Allah and the Prophet and even more.
When I looked at the holidays though it came up with an odd date for the start of Ramadan, as Ramadan is starting just now, and for some has just started, but it stated Ramadan started in April.
You can find even more useful apps in the app-store for Ramadan and beyond.
Also, iBooks holds free books as well as payed.
In the IBooks store you can get free books, that might come handy to you during Ramadan.
All of the Harun Yayha books I've seen in the store are free- and there's plenty more Islamic books to.

Finally,
I just wanted to say it is hot- very hot. However, remember people in other countries are having to starve everyday, in even more heat. They're having to watch children starve, which is probably even more painful.

Insha-Allah, Ramadan will be great for everyone, let's hope to come out of Ramadan as better, more Islamic people.



No comments:

Post a Comment