Thursday 11 July 2013

Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) milk mother.

Asaalam everyone,
I was thinking how nice it would be to read a story today, as in a story from the life of Muhammad (PBUH), I thought today was a nice day as we'll be putting out some time to read, or perhaps even be reading some articles on some Islam related sites etc.
So, today I am going to write about the Prophet's (PBUH) mil mother).

You may know that it was a tradition for children to be sent to the countryside to be looked after, therefore Muhammad (PBUH) was also sent to the country side to be looked after. The Prophet's (PBUH) milk mother was Sayiditina Halima (RAA). whilst Muhammad (PBUH) lived with her at her house, her house was in basic blessed. I would thinks she must have loved having him around, but one day she had to send him back, and this wasn't just any normal farewell, the farewell took place after a significant event.

The angel Jibraeel (alayhisalaam) had appeared one day before Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), and after he appeared the angel Jibraeel (alayhisalaam) split the Prophet Muhammad's (PBUH) heart open and took out a black spot that lay inside. Thereafter, the spot was washed with zam-zam water and it was filled with Imaam) faith and wisdom. After that the heart was put back into his body. Halima (RAA) got scared, felt fear, therefore she returned Rasulullah (PBUH) to his mother, Aemena.

This week I used the story I had actually written down in a notebook after reading it from another book, and off the Internet etc. It was quite a while ago when I was doing some research, but I think one of the books I used was "Ta'leemul Haq" which covers quite a lot of things, and at the very back there is some brief history from the life of the Prophet (PBUH). This book is quite good if your learning about wudhu, tayammum etc.
So far, I have seen it used in Masjids were children learn, but it's till quite good, and I've kept it with me for some time.

I hope your fasts are going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment