Sunday 28 July 2013

Laylatul Qadr.

Asaalam everyone,
You may have looked at the time I released this already, if you haven't then you may be trying to find out right now. Yes,it's early, very early. I've just finished reading Taraweeh. The reason I'm writing this blog now is because I did not get time to write it previously. There-fore, I have decided to write it now. You may be thinking AREN'T YOU TIRED! GO TO BED! However, the feeling you have in Ramadan is different, and besides, I thought I hadn't finished yesterdays blog, so why not finish it and post it today?
You may already know that the last 10 days of Ramadan are approaching soon, I'm not sure when everyone is starting, but I do know it is soon.
These last 10 days of Ramadan holds the night of power (Laylatul Qadr). This night was only granted to he Prophet (SAW)'s ummah. There is a few stories and quite some information about Laylatul Qadr, and today I'm going to go through some with you.

The Prophet (SAW) used to ponder about the long lives of people that had existed before, in the other ummahs. They had had many years to spend in Ibadah and so on. To comfort him Allah granted this night to the Prophet (SAW).

Did you know that 10 Laylatul Qadrs that you do are equal to 833 years of Ibadah!

Once the Sahabah heard about a man that has spent 1000 months in Jihad ("War or struggle against unbelievers"). The Sahabah begun to get envious, after all- their lives were not long enough to do that. Laylatul Qadr was granted, and is better than a thousand months.

The more sincerity you have on this night the more reward there is?
However...

What is this night?
The best way I would describe Laylatul Qadr to you is when you spend your night in worship. Praying, doing Tasbeeh etc. and the more sincerity you have, the more reward you get.

In this month the angels come down, and Jibraeel follows them, they also visit your houses, and shake you hand if they see you in prayer. They will not visit your house if you have:
A dog
A pig 
Photos of people (or any living creatures)



If you do then the best thing to do is to get rid of them for this night because imagine missing out on- this!
Just like if you had a guest coming over you would prepare wouldn't you? Well in this case you should do the same, taking off any photos of living creatures and placing them away ina cupboard etc.

I have heard that some people think Laylatul Qadr is only on the 27th of Ramadan. This isn't true. Allah (Subahanaatallah) has not specified. You should ,however, focus on the odd nights, so:

21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th and 29th.

Either of them could be Laylatul Qadr- and if you read once, you might be missing out, so read on all of these nights.

This was just some basic information about Laylatul Qadr because I am thinking of doing an extra blog every odd night, or for every odd night, and I'll tell you about it in my next blog Insha-Allah.

Hope your Ramadan goes well and if your reading this now, have a nice sehri... and before I forget:




No comments:

Post a Comment