Saturday 27 July 2013

Keep calm and fast.

Asaalam everyone!
Recently I read someone else's blog on how to keep your cool during Ramadan, however, I was not able to find it for this blog, but I will try to find it as soon as possible (Insha-Allah). Today I am going to write my own tips on staying calm during Ramadan, because it can be stressful. These are just the advice I would give you, but I also have another activity at the end, as they can be quite helpful depending on how you learn.

When you're not eating or drinking your bound to get irritated easily, and probably get stressed or very hot if it's summer, therefore it's important to do everything you can to keep calm and fast peacefully.

1. Firstly, water, drink etc. are so important.
I know what you're thinking "HOW CAN WE DRINK WATER IF WE'RE FASTING???" I am talking about Sehri, Iftari, the night and so on. If you are reading at night, keep a bottle of drink nearby and drink it when you can.
If you aren't then keep one nearby anyway, if you wake-up, have a quick drink, after eating your sehri meal and if you have a minute left, have a quick drink.
Fit in as many fluids as you can.

2. FOOD! What to have at Sehri? What to have at Iftari? When it comes to Sehri you should have something that will keep you going, maybe porridge, wheat etc.
When it comes to Iftari it's pretty much down to you, however avoid junk food.

3. When you get irritated just walk away. Say something that might calm you down. If someone is trying to pick an argument with you or you think that the situation would end up with an argument, just say " I'm fasting. I'm fasting" or think it.
If you need to relax then relax by either reading, praying (and more) as you should do in Ramadan, or maybe even doing an activity that you enjoy.

4. Take time out for Quran. Wudhu, Salah and Quran should help calm you down.

5. Finally, know your body. If you know that doing a certain activity will make you feel even more tired than anyone else usually would, stay away from it. If you know that something else will do you good, then do it.

I just want to take this space to mention that smoking does not apply in number 3. Smoking is extremely bad for your body. In fact, it is not Makrooh, it is actually Haraam. Some think it's makrooh because of the smell, however, if you look into the ayah's in the Quran, you will actually find out smoking is haram.

Don't believe me? Read this, an entry from someone else's blog, about smoking being Haram:
http://inshafdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/why-islam-says-dont-smoke.html
This was probably the best one I found, as everything else I saw was either a debate or a video that didn't explain it properly or fully, here it is straight to the point and easy to understand.

Also, smoking during a fast breaks your fast.
It makes both Qadhaa (to keep a fast for one you broke intentionally) and kaffarah (to keep 60 fasts one after another).
I found this out from my Taleemul-Haq book which I have mentioned before.
"Eating, drinking or breaking fast in any other manner without e.g., smoking etc., without a valid reason, will make both Qadhaa and Kaffarah necessary."
In the book itself I am not sure whether it states anything about smoking being Haraam or Makrooh, but I do know that it is haram.
You can search it up anywhere.
It was a new discovery...
Also, smoking kills- it's best you don't do it.




Now onto the activity, what I want you to do is to write down your own weaknesses and you own tips, you can mindmap, you can make a list and so on. Just write anything that will help you whilst you are fasting, maybe write your weak points and what you can do to help prevent that getting in your way.

I hope your Ramadan is going well. Ramadan Mubarak!


No comments:

Post a Comment