Friday 12 July 2013

Things to do in Ramadan.

Asaalam everyone,
I just thought I'd write a bit about having a productive Ramadan, because it's important we spend
this month productively.
In order to spend the month productively, I like to know some things I can do, in basic, do my research.
Today I am going to write down some ways to spend your Ramadan productively, from what I do, and what I suggest, and I will show some ideas from research, or maybe some sites you can get ideas from or use.

To begin with, It's compulsory to read your salah, and I think I mentioned a few ideas on how to use technology to stay organised with your prayers etc.
I mentioned an app, but there are a few more. I'll put a link below, so you can have a look at some of them afterwards.

Also, you should increase Quran recitation, maybe set a goal, of how much you are going to read and when.
For me, I am trying to at least read one sphara each day so by the end of Ramadan I would have finished the Quran. If I miss a day I'll make up for it by reading the sphara I've missed as well as the day's sphara.

Finally, how are you spending your time- are you watching TV most of the time or whenever your on the Internet spend 5 minutes reading Islamic blogs etc. or websites or listening to lectures like this, and then playing games, and spending your time on entertainment? When I'm on the Internet during this moth I try to make sure I am on this blog, doing research, or listening to lectures etc. If I do anything else I feel guitly after a while.
After all, this month is so blessed- why waste it.
I listen to beautiful lectures, recently I've only listened to two by "Soldier of Islam", however I recommend you listen to them to.
"Queens of Islam" Is a wonderful lecture, that is not not only targeted at woman, because it also tells Men about how special women are.

I hope you Ramadan is going well!

Below are some links you might find useful:
http://ph.news.yahoo.com/tech-savvy-muslims-10-popular-093040796.html
The above link is a link to a list of Islamic apps you might like to download and use during Ramadan.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Queens+of+Islaam&view=detail&mid=721930D73CE373CC0C0B721930D73CE373CC0C0B&first=0&FORM=NVPFVR
The above link is a link to the lecture I was talking about before.
I haven't used the You-tube link because some people can be slightly disrespectful in the comments (in most religious videos) I listened to the same one on Bing Videos- I should think this is the same version I have heard, but I don't think they vary much, it's pretty much only different people who have posted it, which is quite nice to see, lots of people are posting it etc.

I hope you're Ramadan is going well, and may Ramadan go well for everyone,
Ameen.

No comments:

Post a Comment